Questions to ask your Dermatologist
Whether you’re visiting your dermatologist for an acne concern or for a consultation you should always do your homework and prepare for the visit. Here are a few questions that we recommend asking your dermatologist to ensure that you maximize your visit.
1) What is the best skin care routine/products for my skin type?
2) Are the products I’m using at home okay to use along with the products and/or procedures that you give me?
3) What’s the best sunscreen to use for my skin? What active ingredients should I look for?
4) What are the signs of skin cancer and how often should I have my moles checked?
5) How do I know whether I have acne or rosacea, and how do I treat it?
6) Do I need a prescription to treat my skin problem, or can you recommend OTC products?
7) Is it OK to squeeze a pimple or blackhead?
8) How will hormone replacement therapy or birth control or other medications I’m taking, such as antibiotics, affect my skin?
9) What can you tell me about the latest anti?aging products and in?office procedures?
10) Are there supplements I can take to help my skin look better as well as improve my health?
Be sure to also include your own personal questions or concerns that may not be included in the checklist?