Fast Facts About Skin Cancer:
1) Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States, and includes different types.
2) Unprotected skin can be damaged by the sun’s UV rays in as little as 15 minutes.
3) Even if it’s cool and cloudy, you still need protection. UV rays, not the temperature, do the damage.
4) Anyone can get skin cancer, but some things put you at higher risk.
5) Indoor tanning exposes users to two types of ultraviolet rays, which damage the skin and can lead to cancer.
6) The most common signs of skin cancer are changes on your skin, such as a new growth, a sore that doesn’t heal, or a change in a mole.